With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the 18V LXT Brushless Cordless String Trimmer (model XRU12SM1) is a welcome solution for landscapers. The string trimmer is ideal for precision trimming and edging. It features an efficient Makita Brushless BL Motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes an efficient charger and an 18V LXT 4 Ah battery which reaches a full charge in only 40 minutes - the fastest charge-time in the category - for less downtime and increased productivity. The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU12SM1 is equipped with Automatic Torque Drive Technology, which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on the density of the application. There are 3 speed options (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. The easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head is compatible with .080 in. or .095 in. line and offers reverse rotation allowing users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The XRU12SM1 features Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V LXT System, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by an 18V lithium-ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside. Features:
- Split shaft for convenient storage and transportation
- Ideal for precision trimming and edging
- Brushless BL Motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts RPM for extended run time or added power
- 3-speed control (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) for power management
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head compatible with .080 in. or .095 in. line
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Ergonomic and balanced design weighing only 8.6 lbs. with battery
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions