Makita is expanding the line of cordless outdoor power equipment with the 18V LXT Brushless Cordless 20 in. Articulating Pole Hedge Trimmer, Tool Only (XNU01Z). The 18V LXT Cordless 20 in. Articulating Pole Hedge Trimmer is a welcome solution for professional hedge trimming because there are no pull starts, zero emissions, lower noise, and reduced maintenance. Enjoy up to 80 minutes of run time using a fully charged 18V LXT 5 Ah Battery (sold separately). Six angle settings offer 115 Degrees of working range. The XNU01Z is ideal for efficient trimming of overhead and low-lying hedges. The 20 in. dual-action double-sided shear blade provides optimal performance.
The BL Brushless Motor delivers up to 4400 SPM for faster cutting. It has three speed options (2000/3600/4400). The commercial-duty gear case is engineered for improved durability in daily professional use. Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) is a protective seal inside the tool. It is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. Features:
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Weighs up to 35% less than gas models
- 6 angle settings for efficient trimming of overhead and low-lying hedges; 115 Degrees working range
- 20 in. dual action double-sided shear blade for optimal performance
- Up to 80 minutes of run time with 18V LXT 5 Ah battery (battery not included)
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 4400 SPM for faster cutting
- 3 speed options (Low: 2000 SPM, Medium: 3600 SPM, High: 4400 SPM) for power management
- Commercial duty gear case engineered for improved durability
- Soft grip handle for improved access to different angles
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions