The Makita 18V LXT Compact Brushless Cordless Portable Band Saw (XBP04Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power in a compact size. The XBP04Z has a compact design for one-handed operation in tight spaces and overhead cutting applications in a variety of metal materials. The XBP04Z features a BL Brushless Motor that delivers 0-630 ft-min. variable blade speed for faster, more efficient cutting. Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load during challenging jobs.
The XBP04Z weighs just 7.9 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 15-1/2 in. long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. It has a 2-5/8 in. x 2-5/8 in. cutting capacity. The XBP04Z is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook. It meets ANSI blade guarding requirements for one-handed operation. Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power-on the band saw. A catch bar helps eliminate accidental follow through during repetitive cutting.
The XBP04Z is engineered for a range of metal cutting tasks, and it’s perfect for electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a compact cordless portable band saw. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger. For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside. Features:
- Compact cutting solution designed for one-handed operation in tight spaces and overhead applications
- 2-5/8 in. x 2-5/8 in. cutting capacity; ideal for cutting multiple types of materials
- Makita-built BL Brushless Motor delivers 0-630 ft-min. variable blade speed for faster and more efficient cutting
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load during challenging jobs
- Overload protection is designed to help prevent motor burnout in abnormally high torque applications
- Meets ANSI blade guarding requirements for one-handed operation
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Trigger switch with lock-off feature requires two actions to power on the band saw
- Catch bar helps eliminate accidental follow through during repetitive cutting
- Compact design at 15-1/2 in. long; weighs only 7.9 lbs. with battery for convenient operation (battery not included)